Date : June 8, 2017
Venue : Mynavi Corporation
1-1-1 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0003
Date : June 9, 2017
Venue : The Westin Tokyo, Galaxy Ballroom (B2F)
1-4-1 Mita, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8580
Six years on since we held the first WIT in Tokyo, it is time to "Reimagine" North Asia, a region that’s never been as well-connected as now and that’s fully invested in travel, technology and startups.
China’s travel giants are expanding to follow the wave of Chinese outbound travellers. Leading the pack is Ctrip which is on a mission to globalise, acquiring MakeMyTrip and Skyscanner in 2016.
Japan continues on its inbound tourism drive, determined to meet its target of 40m visitors by 2020, when it will host the Olympics. Foreign brands are riding high on the inbound wave, bringing their customers to Japan. Japan’s key travel players are diversifying, ensuring they don’t lose out in this shifting landscape.
Mobile is the big game changer in South Korea – is it giving new players a leapfrogging advantage over incumbents? With the market ripe for disruption, who’s innovating to win?
From Seoul to Taiwan to Hong Kong, startups are entering these traditional travel markets, looking to find a way to attract a new generation of travellers.
With such rapid and dynamic changes taking place in the world’s most exciting and fastest growing travel region, we have to ask critical questions such as:
1. Consolidation is intensifying. Is there room in the middle?
2. Can North Asia travel brands take their culture abroad and scale?
3. How will low cost airlines further change travel patterns and consumer behaviour?
4. How do hotels have to reimagine their distribution and marketing strategies to maximise profitability and loyalty?
5. Private accommodation is the next big space – who’s winning? Who’s making the rules?
6. In-destination experiences – from tours & activities to food – is the last mile. Who’s walking the talk in this space?
7. Who are the stars among the startups shaking up the market and how can you work with these new players.
Critical questions are what WIT is good at asking, and getting answers for. We will once again blend global knowledge with local insights, seasoned views with fresh voices, to create a uniquely WIT experience.
ABOUT WIT JAPAN & NORTH ASIA
WIT Japan & North Asia is the regional edition of the signature WIT conference, based in Singapore. Held for the last 12 years, it is the largest online travel gathering in Asia Pacific and brings together global and regional leaders to discuss the future of online travel.
This year will see the sixth edition of WIT to be held in Tokyo. The conference attracted over 500 delegates in 2016. A full ticket to WIT Japan & North Asia also gives access to the the WIT Bootcamp on June 8 and the Main Stage on June 9. WIT Japan & North Asia is organised jointly by Singapore-based WIT and WIT Japan Alumni, led by Kei Shibata, CEO of Venture Republic (travel.jp) and Aya Aso, CEO of AGORA Hospitalities.
In 2017, WIT will also be going to Hong Kong for WIT Hospitality 2017 on March 28 and returning to Singapore for WIT 2017 Conference on October 23-25.